Thursday, October 27, 2016

Candy Corn Crispies


I was looking on Pinterest to find a fall dessert for tonight (we are going to Daniel & Heidi's house for dinner) when I came upon a Pin from my niece Elizabeth. 

The recipe was for Candy Corn Rice Crispy Treats. It was so cute. I modified it a little bit. The original recipe added an orange gel coloring and used a rectangle pan. She then cut the candy corns into triangles. I decided it would be much easier if I used my handy-dandy scone pan.

Candy Corn Crispies

6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
6 cups mini marshmallows
5 T. butter
Orange gel coloring (optional)
Dark chocolate melting candy
White chocolate melting candy

In a large pot, over medium heat, melt the butter. Add marshmallows and stir constantly until the marshmallows have melted. Stir in orange coloring, if desired. Remove pot from heat.

Mix in cereal, being sure to stir until well coated. Press the treats into a buttered scone pan to set.

Meanwhile, melt chocolate according to package directions in two separate bowls.

Once treats are set, pop them out. Dip the tip of the triangle into white chocolate and the base of the triangle into dark chocolate. Place on wax-paper lined cookie sheet to set.

Store in an airtight container up to three days.

Makes 8


1 comment: