Saturday, October 1, 2016

Banana Ice Cream


Last year, I posted a new recipe on the blog each day in the month of October. I'm going to try that again this year, only I'm not going to get my recipes from a new cookbook each time. I'm going to try to make relatively healthy recipes most of the time, but I will throw in a few guilty pleasures.

Banana ice cream is not really ice cream, but it tastes like it. With only four ingredients, you can have a creamy, healthy dessert.

Banana Ice Cream

4 ripe bananas
2 T. peanut butter or almond butter
1 t. vanilla
1 t. cinnamon

Place all ingredients in a blender. Blend on high speed until nice and creamy. Pour into dessert dishes, cover and freeze.

You can also eat this right out of the blender for a creamy treat. I would suggest taking it out of the freezer an hour before you want to eat it as it is difficult to get on your spoon otherwise.

Note: I had to stop the blender a couple of times and push the bananas down before the mixture got going because there isn't much liquid.

Try different flavors. Instead of peanut butter, mix in chocolate syrup or Nutella.

Makes 3 servings

2 comments:

  1. If you don't want to wait for it to freeze, you can freeze the bananas ahead of time and then just throw them in with all the other stuff for a ready to eat treat! :D

    ReplyDelete