Saturday, September 10, 2016

Shopping with Katherine

Yesterday, Katherine met me in Columbus at Easton Mall. We spent about four hours shopping before we went to Peter's school and his apartment and then out to dinner.

Ever since Katherine was in 6th or 7th grade, shopping with her has been a real adventure. I think I am the only one who can shop with her and keep my sanity. She never gets out of a clothing store in under an hour.

I remember spending three hours in one store while she tried on homecoming dresses her senior year in high school. Thankfully, the store had some chairs.

Yesterday was no exception. She was browsing through H & M, and I had made four rounds around the store before I decided to go outside and sit down at a cafe table. When she noticed I was gone, she called me to tell me she was going inside the dressing room. I told her that was fine. I would just get some lunch and wait for her.

I enjoyed people watching and catching up on all the new fashions of the young: boots that go higher than your knees, body suits, stirrup pants, overalls - fashions from 30 years ago that are coming around again. Watching all the people go by made me realize that I don't need to worry so much about what I wear in public.

I'm not complaining about shopping with Katherine. I enjoy every minute of it. Especially now that we don't get to do it as often.

No comments:

Post a Comment