Friday, September 16, 2016

Powell's City of Books

Over Labor Day weekend, Katherine and Josh took a little five-day vacation out west to Portland, Oregon for some much needed R & R.While they were there, they drove to the coast and did some hiking, stayed at an Air B & B and explored the city by foot and cab.

But the day they got to visit Powell's City of Books, Katherine thought she had died and gone to heaven. Powell's City of Books is "the largest used and new bookstore in the world, occupying an entire city block and housing approximately one million books."

I was jealous, of course, because that would have been my dream come true. I could have spent the entire five days at the bookstore. I would have had to ship my purchases home. Katherine could have spent five days there too, but she is so disciplined, she only bought one book: All the Light We Cannot See.



No comments:

Post a Comment