Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Zucchini Muffins

I had two zucchini sitting on my counter because I planned to make some zucchini bread last weekend. It never happened. Then I saw a recipe online (Simply Recipes) for zucchini muffins. Tonight I gave it a try. There are two missing because Don and I had to sample them. They were pretty yummy. Walnuts and raisins/cranberries are optional. I used walnuts but left out the raisins/cranberries. Wish I had put the cranberries in. They needed that little extra something. Next time.

Zucchini Muffins

3 cups grated zucchini
2/3 cups melted butter (unsalted)
1 1/3 cup sugar
2 eggs, beaten
2 t. vanilla
2 t. baking soda
3 cups flour
2 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. nutmeg
1 cup walnuts
1 cup raisins/dried cranberries

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl combine sugar, eggs and vanilla. Stir in grated zucchini and melted butter.

In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, nutmeg and cinnamon. Stir into zucchini mixture. Add walnuts and cranberries.

Line muffin tin with cupcake liners. Distribute dough, filling up cups completely.

Bake in center of oven for 20-25 minutes. Check with toothpick to see if done.

Cool on wire rack 20 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. Someone gave me a HUGE zucchini and it is still in the fridge, waiting for me to do something with it!

    ReplyDelete