Thursday, April 21, 2016

Little Free Library

Have you seen a Little Free Library in your neighborhood or at the local park? I've seen three. One is in the front yard of a house near downtown Hudson. One is at Sunny Lake in Aurora (pictured above), and one is at the park at Frohring Meadows in Bainbridge.

Inside each Little Free Library you will find books that are free to take. The idea is to take a book and give a book (if you have one). When I opened this Little Library, I found mostly children's books, but they can contain adult books too.



The Little Free Library website has kits so you can put together your own library. They also have tips on how to get started giving away books.

I've been toying with the idea of starting one of these myself. The perfect spot might be across the street from our house in the common area by the lake. There is a bench there for the book borrower to sit and read on a nice day. I would just have to get it past our Homeowner's Association.



I've always wanted to have a library of my own. This might just be the start of something big...or little.

3 comments:

  1. I've read about them, but I haven't seen one yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is one in our neighborhood. I read about these three years ago, and I have asked Pat to put one up, but you know him, he runs on his own time :) I think they are fun to have around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! I've never heard of this before!
    -HJM

    ReplyDelete