Thursday, April 14, 2016

I Can't Be Trusted

Daniel and Heidi (mostly Heidi) gave me a flower for Easter. Because Heidi doesn't know yet that I can't be trusted with plants, she thought it was a good idea to put this innocent pot in my care.

It made me break out in a sweat to receive this gift. I knew I would have to work very hard to keep it alive because Daniel and Heidi were likely to stop over once in awhile. They would ask where the plant was.

They are coming over on Saturday, so I am confessing right now on the blog that the pretty Primrose doesn't have any petals.

Even before I went to Florida and forgot to tell Don to water it, it was looking under the weather.

When I got back from my trip, it looked dead. My plan was to go back up to the garden center and quickly replace it before anyone noticed.

Thankfully, Carolyn spent the night Monday and woke up before I did on Tuesday. When I saw the plant again, she had cut all the flowers off and she had watered it. She knew just what to do.

I am hopeful that flowers will soon spring forth. Then I can be nervous all over again.

2 comments:

  1. It perked up nicely. Just keep it in indirect light and water 1/4 cup twice a week. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll have to let me know if it blooms again!! :) -HJM

    ReplyDelete