Saturday, March 12, 2016

Power Balls

In January, Kendall sent me a link to Magnolia Market which is the website of Chip and Joanna Gaines from HGTV's show, Fixer Upper. Even though I have never seen the show (I still haven't figured out how to operate the TV) I loved browsing through their blog and market.

Kendall is on Spring break from school this week, so she and her mom are in Texas visiting family. I can't remember exactly what Kendall told me, but I think they are going to have the opportunity to visit the Magnolia Market & Garden in Waco, TX while they are there. I might be totally off. She will have to let me know.

While I was browsing the Magnolia blog, I came across a recipe I just had to try: Power Balls. I made them today with a few modifications, and they are absolutely wonderful. They will be great to grab when I'm heading out the door and don't have time to fix a snack. They will be wonderful to eat before or after a workout. They will actually be really good to eat any time of the day.


Power Balls

1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats (I use Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Rolled Oats)
1/4 cup flax seed ( I used ground flax seed)
2 t. chia seeds
2/3 cup toasted coconut (I used sweetened coconut)
1/3 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup almond butter
sprinkle of cinnamon
1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips
1/4 cup honey
1 t. vanilla extract
1 T. vanilla protein powder

In one medium mixing bowl, mix oats, flax seed, chia seeds, coconut, cinnamon, chocolate chips and protein powder.

In another medium mixing bowl, mix peanut butter, almond butter, honey and vanilla extract.

Combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients in one of the bowls. Using a wooden spoon, mix everything together. You might need to get your hands in there.

Using a large cookie scoop and your hands, shape mixture into balls.

Refrigerate the balls so they stay firm until they are ready to be eaten.

Makes 24 (mine might be a little on the larger side)

6 comments:

  1. Hi Marianne,
    I know you don't watch a lot of television, but Chip and Joanna are great. I love their show and they are two of the most down-to-earth people. They work together well, and provide a lot of inspiration on how to fix your home and garden. I envy Kendall for getting to visit Magnolia Market.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to watch it! And I'll find out if Kendall really got to go.

      Delete
    2. We are going on Tuesday! I am so looking forward to it! I will take pictures! :)

      Delete
  2. Those are the exact ingredients of my homemade granola bars, minus the protein powder, and we all love them!

    ReplyDelete