Thursday, March 17, 2016

Chopped Salad

I don't have too many gadgets in my kitchen because I don't like to clutter things up, but this OXO Salad Chopper with Bowl intrigued me. I love chopped salads, so I had to try it. I figured if it didn't work, I would at least have a nice big bowl and a funny looking pizza cutter.

First, you gather up all the ingredients you want in your salad. I chose green leaf lettuce, cucumber, tomato, spinach, Craisins and chicken.

Then you put everything in the bowl and roll the chopper up and down the sides of the bowl while you turn it around with your other hand. Pretty soon, you have a chopped salad.

I know my chopped salad isn't very evenly chopped, but it was my first try. I also forgot to spin my lettuce in the the salad spinner to dry it first, so there was too much moisture. But, the salad still tasted great.

I'm going to experiment with other ingredients. This way of making a salad just makes it taste so much better.

1 comment: