Sunday, July 21, 2013

Greek Salad

Katherine and Josh planted a garden in the yard behind the Indiana house. They are growing lettuce, spinach, tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers.

They had a bumper crop of cucumbers, so a pile of them landed on my kitchen counter this weekend. I needed to use them up, so I made a "Greek Salad" similar to the one I ate for lunch in Columbus the other day. The only thing I left out were the olives because I really don't like olives.

Here's how I made it, and it was very tasty.

Greek Salad

2 T. olive oil
2 T. fresh lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste
1 large cucumber
2 small tomatoes (or cut grape tomatoes in half)
1/2 red onion, diced
1/2 green pepper, diced
1/2 c. Feta Cheese, crumbled (I used the cheese flavored with garlic and herbs)

Whisk the olive oil and lemon juice together in a medium sized bowl. Add remaining ingredients except cheese, and mix together with a large spoon. Toss in cheese at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment