Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Diamond Ring Stand?


Yesterday afternoon I was heading home after a long, tiring day. When I turned the corner on my street, I saw what I thought was a Lemonade Stand being run by two neighborhood boys. I never pass up a Lemonade Stand in the neighborhood because I think it is good to support young entrepreneurs.

I stopped my car and got out. I had to take a picture of the cute Mystery Machine Lemonade Stand and the two boys. When I asked them how much they were charging for a cup of the yellow stuff, they told me they were selling diamond rings. Imagine my surprise.


They pulled out a case of rings with diamonds larger than the largest one on my wedding band. I asked how much. $5.00 was the starting price, but they were willing to negotiate. I offered $2.00.

They said they would take it because it was better to have an even number so they could split the cash.

The boys had an adding machine and they printed out a receipt for me on the tape. I was delighted with my prize, and I chuckled all the way home.

3 comments:

  1. Ha! They are adorable. The future owners of J.B. Robinson or Kay Jewelers perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That price is too good to be true! Are you sure they're not "hot"? LOL!

    ReplyDelete