Thursday, June 6, 2013

T-Shirt Quilt


What do you do will all those high school t-shirts you accumulate? You can either let them clutter your closet, or you can make a t-shirt quilt out of them.

Several years ago, Katherine handed me a big bag of her high school t-shirts and asked me to make her a t-shirt quilt. Then she went on her merry way. The bag is still in the closet.

Several weeks ago, Peter asked me to make a t-shirt quilt, but he volunteered to help me. So I said OK. There's something about Peter that makes me get my rear end in gear. I think it is his persistence.

Katherine...I promise to do yours next!

Making a t-shirt quilt isn't as difficult as we thought it would be. With a few key quilt cutting tools, it is a breeze. We have 10 out of 25 blocks finished. There will be five rows of five when we are done.

I've always wanted to make a quilt, and this will be the first one. Soon, I'll be able to check that off my bucket list.

No comments:

Post a Comment