Monday, June 17, 2013

Cake Stand

I know you're not supposed to go to garage sales the same day you have a garage sale of your own, but that's just what I did.

At 2:00 on Friday afternoon, we closed up shop at our house. I had to drive to Stow to Eddy's Bike Shop to get Don a Father's Day gift, and I passed a sign that read: "Great American Garage Sale".

There was a very large tent with lots and lots of stuff to look at, so I pulled over to the side of the road and had a look.

There on one of the tables was a cake stand that was so gorgeous I grabbed it. To my surprise, the lid weighed about five pounds and the base wasn't much lighter. Amazing! I haven't been this excited about a purchase in a long time.

The man who sold it to me for $5.00 said the cake stand sat on his grandmother's counter from the time he was a little boy. She always had some sort of sweet thing in there for him every time he came for a visit. I love the idea. It's my new tradition.

Don't worry, the lid is too heavy for me to pick up, so I won't get in there to eat the sweets. I'll just look at them.

1 comment: