Friday, June 21, 2013

Baked Oatmeal

Yum! I found a great baked oatmeal recipe at Snack-Girl.com which is a great website loaded with healthy recipes and food ideas.

It takes about an hour to make this dish, but it can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator.

Although I ate a very healthy breakfast in a bowl, I felt like I was eating dessert. The recipe calls for 1/4 cup sugar for 8 servings, but next time I'm going to try leaving the sugar out. I think the fruit will make it sweet enough.

I used blueberries and apples because that's what I had. You can put peaches, strawberries, raspberries or whatever fruit you have into this dish. It smells amazing with apples.

Baked Oatmeal

2 cups old fashioned oats
1/2 t. baking powder
1/4 t. baking soda
1/4 t. salt
1 t. allspice (I didn't have any so I left this out)
1/2 t. cinnamon

2 1/2 cups sliced fruit
1 cup milk (I used almond milk)
1 cup plain yogurt (I used Stonyfield Banilla)
2 eggs
1/2 cup maple syrup, honey, brown sugar or sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 8 x 8 inch pan with PAM. Mix dry ingredients then add wet ingredients. Pour into pan and cover with foil. Bake 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment