Saturday, May 25, 2013

Out of My Comfort Zone

Don asked me to pick up a couple of things for him this week while he was out of town.

These were two small things he needed to help his mom around her house: two things his 87-year old mom couldn't live without.

First, there were weeds growing up between her patio pavers, so he needed Round-Up. Second, the ring that stabilizes her patio table umbrella was missing.

It's not like Don doesn't go to Home Depot every other day, but he asked me to do this for him, so I did.

Home Depot is my least favorite store (besides Lowe's) in the whole world. When I walk through the door, I am overwhelmed with the amount of tiny things they sell and the size of the warehouse.

So the first thing I did, which is something Don would never do, was go to Customer Service and ask for help. The Round-Up was right in the front of the store, so that was easy. The patio table ring, however, was quite a challenge. My new friend, the customer service lady, called someone right away to see if they even sold such a thing. They did, but when we went to the location where they were supposed to be, we couldn't find them. She called again and got more specific directions. Still, we couldn't find them. Then another employee came along and she asked him. He knew right where they were. I never would have found them on my own.

I thanked my new friend for being so persistent. It saved me from having to try Lowe's of all places. And I was back home within the half hour!

No comments:

Post a Comment