Friday, May 24, 2013

Life Without It

I've been getting ready for a garage sale - a garage sale I really don't want to have. I'm doing it for Katherine. She thinks it is easy money. For her, it is.

As I go through the house trying to decide what should go and what should stay, I ask myself this question: Can I imagine life without this? If the answer is "yes", it goes.

Here are a few things I dropped into the pile today:

A blow-up full-size canoe that Don purchased at least 15 years ago. It's still inside the wrapping.
Scanner - the one with the dust beneath the glass that won't come off.
Longaberger magazine basket.
Four glass vases that came with flowers while I was recovering from surgery.
Decorative pillows that don't go with anything.
Three extra suitcases that nobody wants.

I thought about putting Riley in the pile, but I can't imagine life without him.

1 comment:

  1. When is your sale? I will come buy your "junk"

    ReplyDelete