Monday, April 1, 2013

Stuff You Should Know

History Chicks is one of the podcasts I listen to for entertainment when otherwise in a vegetative zone (walking, driving, on an airplane, trying to fall asleep).

Recently, Katherine introduced me to another great entertaining podcast called Stuff You Should Know. There are over 300 episodes dating back to 2010.

The hosts, Josh and Chuck, are funny and easy to listen to. They make every topic a learning experience without feeling like you are in a classroom.

Here are some topics they cover:

How the U.S. Postal Service Works
How the Papacy Works
How Jet Lag Works
How Dog Shows Work
How Book Banning Works
How Tabloids Work
How Moss Works
How Lie Detectors Work
How Diamonds Work
How Floods Work
How SPAM Works
How Dreadlocks Work

The topics are all over the map. And this is just a very small sampling. To see a full list go to Podcasts - Stuff You Should Know.

On the plane ride home today, I listened to Prisons: Not as Fun as you Think. I never thought prison would be fun, but did you know that 1 in 13 adults in the state of Georgia are incarcerated? I'm glad I don't live there!

No comments:

Post a Comment