Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Rx: Go Bowling

A number of years ago, I had an impingement in my right shoulder. It was an annoying pinch that hurt whenever I used my arm. I tried to get it to go away by doing some exercises a physical therapist friend of mine gave me, but it nagged on.

Then one day, our family decided to go bowling just for fun. We bowled three games. Somewhere between the second and third game, my impingement was gone! I thought at the time it was a miracle. It never came back.

So yesterday when I saw my surgeon for a follow-up appointment, I wasn't terribly surprised when he told me I need to go bowling every few days. He said that you get to a point in your physical therapy where you really need to do some sports activities to get your range of motion all the way back. Bowling is the ticket.

I'm shining up Peter's eight-pound Spongebob bowling ball to get ready for next week. I can't wait to tell Rose she's been replaced by a bowling ball.

3 comments:

  1. Yes you have my permission to use my ball.
    Thanks for asking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks:) I wish you were here to go with me.

      Delete
  2. It's not too late to change our dinner plans. I hear they have really good hot dogs!

    ReplyDelete