Monday, March 11, 2013

Southeast Gears & Cheers

Tammy picked me up on Friday afternoon. She wanted me to see the restaurant owned by our friend, Kathy Meyers. The restaurant, which opened in July, 2012, is adjacent to Southeast Harley Davidson, also owned by her family.

Southeast Gears & Cheers was completely designed by Kathy. The restaurant contains lots of Harley Davidson memorabilia, including many motorcycles on display in the rafters.

I never would have found this place on my own. I just don't go that way. But Kathy said business has been booming.

The food was excellent. Check out the menu. I tried the Salmon Burger with Sweet Potato Fries. Tammy had the Pesto Shrimp Pizza. It happened to be International Women's Day, so we also received a rose and a free piece of the best raspberry cake I've ever tasted.

Tammy and Kathy were the design brains behind every book fair for the seven years I worked at VCA. They just appeared on the scene when I was looking for help. It was the beginning of a great friendship. Kathy needed another design outlet after she retired from book fairs, so the restaurant was born.

Highly recommended!

No comments:

Post a Comment