Thursday, March 21, 2013

Some Stuff I Like

It's time for another episode of Stuff I Like:

I love my Cyro-Cuff. My shoulder surgery recovery would have been so much worse without this machine. The first week, I was attached to it 24 hours a day. Now I use it 3 times a day after I do my physical therapy exercises. I hope you never need one of these, but if you do, here's how it works: You fill the cooler with ice and cold water. Then you put the cuff on your shoulder and strap it on with the velcro attachments. Turn it on, and it pumps continuous ice cold water through the cuff. It's just like having an ice pack on your shoulder, but you don't have to hold it there. If you run it continuously, it needs to be refilled about every four hours. There are also knee, ankle, wrist and foot cuffs too.

This is my favorite facial moisturizer. I only discovered it by using a sample given to me by my dermatologist several years ago. It is non-greasy and lasts all day. The one I've been using has an SPF of 15, but I just saw that they now have one with SPF 50. I'm switching to that.

These are the best binders in the world. They are actually called Staples Better Binders. But they should be called Staples Best Binders. They are kind of rubbery feeling, and they open up just right. You have to see them to really appreciate them. Next time you are in Staples, look them up.

If you have city water, you probably do not need this product. We happen to have a well, and for one reason or another, our water keeps staining our sinks, toilets and tubs. I've had the Culligan man out to check our water softener, and he claims there is no metal in the water. I don't believe him. Anyway, if you have a stained sink, all you have to do is fill it with water above the stain, squirt some of this Whink Rust Stain Remover in, and let it sit for a half hour. The stain magically disappears. Same for the toilet and tub.

1 comment:

  1. Lurker here {and friend of Carolyn's}... had to say be careful with Cetaphil. My Mom loved it, and then she had a horrible reaction that was linked back to it.

    My Dad loved his cyro cuff when he had his knee replacement... great idea!

    ReplyDelete