Sunday, March 17, 2013

Poppy Seed Chicken

This is the last recipe I will share from our Meals on Wheels deliveries.

Carolyn came to stay with us for the first couple of nights after my surgery which was a huge help to me and Don. She brought the ingredients for this recipe and made it while she was here.

I was still on high doses of Percocet when I ate it, but I think it was really yummy. Don says it was.



Poppy Seed Chicken

2 cups cooked and diced chicken
1 can cream of chicken soup
8 oz. sour cream
1 T. white wine (optional)
2 T. poppy seeds
1 sleeve Ritz crackers, crushed
3/4 stick melted butter

Combine chicken, soup, sour cream and poppy seeds. Pour into a buttered 9 x 13 casserole dish.

Mix crackers and melted butter in a small bowl. Top casserole with cracker mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly and crackers are golden.

1 comment:

  1. Oh...I have this recipe, but havent' made it in years!! Might have to try it again soon.....

    ReplyDelete