Saturday, March 23, 2013

Juicy Chicken

I can't remember where I got this recipe. It was a click on Pinterest, then another click and another click, and before I knew it, I was lost in clickiness. But I found a great simple recipe for juicy chicken breasts. I've tried it three times, and it works!

Juicy Chicken Breasts

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts*
1/4 c. flour
1 T. herbs or seasoning
Butter and Olive oil to coat bottom of pan
Salt & Pepper

Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
Mix flour and herbs in a plate or shallow bowl.
Coat chicken lightly in flour mixture.
In a skillet over medium high heat, melt butter and olive oil.
Lower heat to medium and add chicken breasts to pan.
Cook on each side 1 minute so the exterior is lightly golden.
Turn heat to low, cover pan with a lid, and cook for 10 minutes. NO PEEKING OR LIFTING LID!
After ten minutes, remove chicken from heat and allow to sit with the lid still on for 10 more minutes.

*If the chicken breasts are kind of fat, place them between two sheets of waxed paper and pound them flatter with a meat mallet.

Eat the chicken as is, or use it in any recipe that calls for cooked chicken. No more rotisserie chickens for me!

2 comments:

  1. what kind of herbs / seasoning do you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used Paula Deen's House Blend since I had that in my pantry.

      Delete