Tuesday, January 1, 2013

What a Way to Ring in 2013

A bug hit our family yesterday. It swept through like a hurricane. Peter and Daniel got it in the wee hours of the morning. They were out of commission all day. I made a nice dinner for New Year's Eve, and they couldn't enjoy it. Don, however ate up.

Two hours later, Don wished he hadn't eaten so much pasta. The bug hit him like a Mack truck. As the ball dropped on Times Square, Katherine was a little nervous, and rightly so. It hit her a few hours later.

I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch. I know it can sneak up on me and pound me at any moment. This bug doesn't give much warning. Its only grace is that it doesn't last more than 24 hours.

Will I escape unscathed? I'll let you know tomorrow. If I don't get it by then, I will have dodged a fast moving bullet.

Daniel didn't want his picture taken.

Katherine, back from snowboarding, and before she got sick.

Peter at 90% recovery.


No comments:

Post a Comment