Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Paul Wylie

Raise your hand if you know who Paul Wylie is. If you don't know, I'll tell you. Paul Wylie was a silver medalist in figure skating at the 1992 Winter Olympics in Albertville, France.

Back in the early '90s I was a huge figure skating fan. Figure skating was about the only thing I would watch on TV. Paul Wiley was one of my favorite skaters in the men's competition. Kristi Yamaguchi was my favorite female skater.

Imagine my excitement when we found out Paul Wylie was going to be at the Beaver Creek ice rink yesterday. He was in town to celebrate his dad's 80th birthday. Paul hung out at the ice rink from 4:00-6:00 to help little future skaters. He also came off the ice once in awhile to meet people like me who were standing around watching. I shook his hand and got my picture taken with him!

Paul Wylie out on the ice.

This is him chatting with people off the ice.

And of course, the picture of me with him!

1 comment: