Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Les Miserables

My favorite Broadway musical is now a full-length movie starring Russell Crowe, Hugh Jackman and Anne Hathaway.

Don and I have seen the musical twice and have tickets to see it again on February 8 in Cleveland.

It is a gut-wrenching show on stage, but in the movie theater, it draws even more emotion. I cried when Fantine (Anne Hathaway) sang I Dreamed a Dream while in anguish about the way her life turned out.

I cried when Eponine (Samantha Barks) sang On My Own, and I cried again when Jean Valjean (Hugh Jackman) sang Bring Him Home.

I wish I had brought along a box of Kleenex. I had to use my sleeve.

I never go to the theater to see the same movie twice. I did it one time in my life. It was the movie E.T. in 1982. I actually saw it three times.

This movie deserves a second viewing on the big screen. I want to see it one more time. And I guess I had better hurry!

No comments:

Post a Comment