Friday, September 2, 2011

National Library Card Month

If you don't have a library card, now's the time to get one. September is National Library Card Sign-Up Month. I'm one of those people who uses the public library on a regular basis. They love me there. I run their circulation numbers up so the State will renew their funding.

It is easy to get a library card. I have three of them:  Geauga County, which I use most often; CLEVNET Consortium, which allows me access to 31 libraries across Northeast Ohio; and  Portage County, which I don't use much now that I am no longer working.

You can walk into any library in Ohio, show proof of residency, and obtain a library card. It's that easy.



I like to borrow audio CD's for listening in my car. You'd be surprised how fast you can get through a book.



I wanted to get some ideas for home projects, so I checked out a stack of DIY back issues.



There are rows and rows of cookbooks available.

Here are 10 great things about having a library card:

1. Free Wi-Fi computer use.
2. Free Notary services.
3. Email notices when books are due.
4. Limit of 100 items out at a time!
5. Voter registration and Absentee ballots provided.
6. DVD's galore.
7. Audio books can be downloaded to your ipod from your computer.
8. E-books available for download.
9. Free access to databases for things like genealogy, newspapers, encyclopedias, legal forms, and many more.
10. Online catalogs and access to any item in the state of Ohio through inter library loan.

Libraries are not just for books...check yours out!

1 comment:

  1. Here's another one... CleveNet allows you to download for free three mp3's a week to your iPod or other mp3 player. :)

    ReplyDelete