Friday, September 30, 2011
Give Yourself Away
1. Give someone advice. Another person would love to know what you know.
2. Hug someone. When was the last time you gave a bear hug? There has to be a hug-hungry person in your life.
3. Send a note of appreciation. Did someone do something nice for you? Let them know how much it meant to you.
4. Make someone belong. Remember what it was like to be an outsider? Include a new person in your group.
5. Give blood. The Red Cross Bloodmobile is always somewhere close by. Do a Bloodmobile search to check out their donation schedule.
6. Give someone a book. The next time you finish a book, think of someone who might want to read it. Write a little note inside the front cover telling them why you think they will like it.
7. Mail a card. It's so fun to open the mailbox and get something other than junk or a bill.
8. Make eye contact. The next time someone is talking to you, look them in the eye. Really listen. Give them your full attention.
9. Share a meal. Do you know someone who is under the weather? I bet they would love to have dinner delivered to their door.
10. Laugh. Be a cheerful person. Nobody likes a grump.
11. Clean out your closet. I know you have ten items in there that don't fit, don't look good on you, or you haven't worn in over a year. Give them away.
12. Pray for someone. Do you know someone with a need? Pray for them every day for a week, and let them know you are doing it.
13. Use your talents. Can you sing? Join a choir. Can you garden? Share your zucchini crop. Can you bake? Deliver some cookies.
14. Be transparent. Let someone know the real you.
15. Give a gift card. Do you know someone who could use a little help with their grocery bill? Give them a grocery store gift card without letting them know who did it.