Saturday, August 20, 2011

Pooch Pick-Up Pouch

Riley likes to poop when we walk. Well, I don't actually know if he likes to poop, but he usually does. As a responsible pet owner, I bring a bag for pick up.

There was one time, however, when I forgot to grab a bag.  I was  far enough down the road that I didn't want to turn back. I decided to take my chances. Sure enough, Riley did his business in the yard three houses down. I made a mental note to go back and pick up later. But since my mind can be like a sieve sometimes, I forgot.

Unbelievably, the next day, someone left a paper bag with dog poop in our mailbox! How disgusting! How rude, I thought. Did someone see us leave the dirty deed behind? Even so, that wasn't nice.

I can't tell you how many times I have headed down the driveway since then only to realize I didn't grab a bag. I don't care how far away I am, I always go back.

To eliminate the inevitable U-Turn to retrieve a bag, I recently purchased a handy device that hooks on Riley's leash. It holds a roll of 15 bags that are dispensed through a hole in the pouch. No longer do I need to worry we will be caught unequipped.

Now, to all those other people who don't care to bring along a bag...what's your problem?

No comments:

Post a Comment